Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hazy, not so lazy summer days with Amazing Maizie Jane

This is my first summer off of school and/or working since I was twelve. 

The title of this post sums it all up. All summer long will be fraught with mindful activities with my dear daughter, Maizie Jane. Her nickname is MJ and she is the love of my life. We will be running our first 5K on Monday-the Yankee Doodle Dash! Well, I will be running and she will be pushed in a stroller. This is our first adventure goal of the summer. It has been very cold this spring and summer in the Northwest and good weather is expected this weekend through the fourth.

Below are photos of our trip to Friends' Landing on Tuesday. Experiencing and exploring our county-great way to take mini vacations on a budget. We traveled around the lake trail twice-once each direction just for fun. We learned about local flora and fauna. MJ learned to say "nurse log" and could not stop showing me all of the trees. Then we explored at all three of the play areas. It was a mild and windy day and it was perfect! 


            
                             

A grand time was had by all! We can't wait for the rain to let up so that we can do it again. The sunshine is on its way.

Yours til the kitchen sinks, 
Darci

Please note: this is my first time writing a blog. I am nowhere near a great writer or photographer-challenging myself. 

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! As a fellow writer, you'll find yourself addicted in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww she is adorable. Great start on your blog
    http://fashberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging:) Your daughter is so cute and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your little girl is soo adorable!
    congrats on starting your blog! i lvoe your first post already :)
    I was so nervous to make mine at first, but now I'm really loving it!
    good luck to you girl :)

    kaithuber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photos! enjoy blogging, darling!! <3 www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete